The Steps I noted as I watched this time around in making Tourtons:
- The dough was rolled into a perfect circle on a floured cloth
- Then folding the dough in half to give a division for the next step
- On one half placing evening the filling of choice (Prunes, Cabbage, or Potato)
- With a special tool (need the name) that will cut and seal the edges of what turns out to be triangle pastries
- From there the pastries are taken to be fried while watering mouths await the moment for them to be done and cool enough to taste.
- We cooked the prunes, then potato, leaving the cabbage for last - I guess the flavor ruins the oil.
We Love our Grandpa and the spunk he continues to have. He has so many memories with each grandchild that they cherish that he makes them all feel like they are his favorite. We love our visits to Grandma & Grandpa Tillon's house.