Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wee Wee hours of the Night

This week I've been thinking of great things to write about as I still get up in the middle of the night to feed babies. I wish I were a better writer and could really write how I felt. But for now I am going to make myself feel a little because at least something is being written. In the rush of everyday life I don't think I take the chance to just sit and hold my babies or even Liberty and Burton. Too often I am more concerned about the list of things getting done each day so my week flows more smoothly. As I sat down one morning to feed Cooper a feeling came over me that told me to just feed and sit there and hold him a little longer because this opportunity will pass all too soon. So in the wee hours of the morning I took my time to feed Cooper and then rest him up on my shoulder and cuddle him for a few extra minutes. Then turned around to do the same for Mack even though he wasn't screaming yet. I am so grateful for that moment even though I loose an hour of sleep. Now, Drew will know why I can't even hardly finish a prayer or lift my head off my pillow when he is saying good bye in the morning.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Kellie, Camber just told me about your blog & I am loving it! You're so right, we each have sooo much to do, that it is sometimes easy to overlook the things that matter most. Those moments are gone before we realize it, but will truly be the memories we miss the most!