Saturday, December 19, 2009

The camel's back......{BROKEN}





{Liberty Lost her FIRST tooth..... She has waited for this day FOREVER but as soon as it came she was scared and everyday she was going to wait till the next day to pull it out...... I finally thought tonight was the night and tried to make it exciting bribing her with peppermint icecream in Hot Chocolate .....OH! SOOO good ........ The Tooth Fairy can come tonight..... Now they are scared to sleep in their room....Scared of the Tooth Fairy.......Our life will change forever... She'll loose the tooth and graduate from High School.... AHH! one step and a time.....}












{We created Santa's workshop at preschool this week and made I- Spy bags.... Each child brought something to put inside and with the help of my great MOM team they helped put them together..... I already had cut the squares and sewn around them once..... they did have to be sewn twice to keep the rice in ......






















{The girls did mini drill team... Liberty loved it and can't wait for more}



























{ Grandma Anthony bought this trampoline for the twins ...... Mack needed it for Physical Therapy to learn to jump ..... It is so cute watching him try ..... He pops on one knee slightly and that is a jump..... BUT he can flip over the bar like a pro.......





































































Just some cute hats I've been making for baby gifts ...... ILOVE the colors and how they look stacked with the simple ribbon wrapping...... LOVE it!

































You maybe asking yourself .........what? I LOVE the HOLIDAYS.........I LOVE that I started my shopping in SEPTEMBER..........I LOVE sewing projects this time of year...........I LOVE thinking of other people and trying to find the gift they will absolutely LOVE .......... I LOVE spending time being creative and looking for ideas to make the project feel complete, wrapped with care, and given so they know they have been thought about and I didn't go just buy some random thing........ I am know DISLIKING shopping..... IF I HAVE TO BUY ONE MORE THING ...... IT might be the straw that breaks the camel's back...... Last week I had been waiting for since I wrote my preschool lesson plans in November....... I run preschool Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday {for this week only} ....... On a Normal week I am dead tired Thursday and Friday is the day I let the apron strings loose :) and I only function at half speed....... Friday was the huge Christmas Preschool Celebration ..... we first practiced coloring {KINDERGARTEN COLORING - paying attention to detail or to some just learning to color}....... We watched PREP and Landing ...... SO CUTE ....... The kids didn't hardly move while watching it........ my copy got the commercials and my niece even wanted to watch a commercial (the carolers singing about shopping at the overpriced mall .... TJ MaXX )...... a gift exchange { I always like that I have extra Mom's willing to help on the day because learning to give a gift IS HARD!...... I haven't had a hard one for a while but this year we had someone who REALLY LOVED the lipgloss they brought {she was so cute when she realized the gift she got in return was good too!}.....



Well, OFF to sleep to get ready for another day and a GREAT week....... SO many things to be thankful for and blessed to have time to enjoy the HOLIDAY..... Hoping to remember the meaning of the season as we do all of it...... Enjoy the week!














Liberty got her first Loose Tooth and Dad pulled it tonight........ Burton is going through growing pains...... His legs and ankles are always hurting him in the moments the boy isn't HUNGRY!.....Cooper and Mack and I go the rounds EVERY single day about getting into things they don't need to be in..... Tonight Cooper threw up after sampling the dishwasher detergent..... My dang chairs and table might be the death of me too....... Climbing.....Climbing ..... and scooting them ever so close to DANGER all the time....... IF the two of them need anything they either come find someone's finger to pull and drag them to the desired location OR they push a chair ...... it is really wearing me down....... I told Drew to reflect on how demanding it was in the beginning...... and how on the weekends I took a couple of hours inbetween pumping schedules to run errands by myself...... I feel like that again! I do still feel so blessed don't get me wrong...... Tonight as Drew and I were cleaning up dinner {a fine gourmet meal of MAC & Cheese } Drew asked "What can we do this week to make it special"..... Well, I was going to MADLY finish all the un finished projects I've taken on to make the day special but with that I know I need to slow down and do them with the kids....... then He asks where my Christmas card is? HMMMM..... you know the one we always send out..... OH, ya ..... I haven't done it yet..... Took the picture for it at Thanksgiving time but haven't thought of anything clever to say and taken the time to make it cute..... I WILL do that this week .......

1 comment:

The Lane Family said...

Kellie, you never cease to amaze me how you hand make so many of your gifts, run a preschool, and take care of 4 kids ( 2 of which are twins)!! You are my hero.

It sounds like you sometimes wonder how to get it all done and that you miss things..hey that's life and it does continue on one way or another!!

The pictures of Libby losing her teeth are so cute and I love how you had to use a little bit of bribery!!

Burton is so cute as well and I can see a lot of Daddy's side and mommy's side!!

As for the dynamic duo and there constant climbing and exploring. I COMPLETELY understand. Someone once told me that the trouble with twins is that they have double the mind power and they use that to their advantage!!

I love the trampoline for jumping. Do you know where your mom got it. Avery does not jump either and it might help her??

Happy Holidays and I hope your Christmas is wonderful!!