Monday, April 4, 2011

{A Message for me}

As I have prepared for my Ward's upcoming Relief Society I have tried to envision the lives of the pioneer sisters who paved the way for me. I have tried to envision their daily interactions with one another, the way the spent their time, how they worked to bless their family, and with so many trials about them how they shared of what they had physically to the talents they possessed to bless the lives of all those around them. As Elder Dieter F. Uchdorf spoke in conference yesterday I was so struck with his statement "Some would rather pull a handcart across the prairie than bring up the subject of faith and religion to their friends and co-workers. It doesn't need to be that way because we have a glad message to share, and we have a message of joy." In my pondering I was really impressed at how once they heard of the gospel the fire burned within them of its truthfulness and how committed they were to it. They weren't afraid to share it and how having the gospel changed the course of many of their lives. Since I originally heard this talk my life has taken a new turn. Our family has been asked to attend a different ward. The news was shocking to say the least. I was REALLY comfortable where I was. I LOVE my ward, my calling (although exhausting), I LOVED Sunday School(being taught the gospel by my father - in - law), ILOVED Relief Society(I watched the many trips they made up and down my road, I LOVED their support with Relief Society Night, I LOVED the spirit of each and every meeting, I LOVED that my children LOVED primary with all their heart and were being taught my angels, I LOVED the nursery leaders who exhausted all their efforts to make two hours on Sunday a worryless time for me. I walked in on Nursery one Sunday to find the children all seated for lesson and Bro. Elkington singing with them a song and it seriously was a gift for me to witness that moment. I LOVED having family and friends in the ward, sharing a Grandma and Grandpa for Sacrament meeting , Learning from my Sisters-in- law and Mother- in -law in Relief Society. My list could go on and on.
We are excited for this change. It will take a couple of Sunday's for the homesick feeling to fade and tears to stop rolling when I pass those familiar things that I am not apart of anymore. How grateful I am for examples. The Gospel is the same in this new ward and I hope I can find the opportunities to share this message of Joy!

No comments: