Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time for explanation.....Last year we decided our annual Spud Harvest tradition would be to make Spudnuts in honor of the break. I feel like I gave it only a half hearted attempt to keep the tradition alive this year. I was sick the starting of the break and never got up to full speed like I would have liked.
Other events that made our weeks special were.......
  • Potelco... a local credit union sponsored a decorate a potato contest. Camber and I took the halloween theme and let the kids run with it. Liberty's potao was a mummy, Burton's the white skeleton, Briggs a bat, Cambree a black cat, and Averie's a candy corn. Burton's won the preschool level and he won $25.00 gift certificate to Toys R Us.... He split it in half with Liberty.
  • I also decided to CLEAN out baby girl stuff I wasn't going to use again and let someone else get good use of it before it was old and out of style. I threw together a little yard sale and along with other stuff I decided we didn't need anymore put on the front lawn. We sold four garbage sacks full of clothes and made $12.oo. We I got done sitting there we folded it up and hauled it to the DI.


3 comments:

Shanna and Brad said...

Those doughnuts look so yummy! What a fun treat!

The Lane Family said...

I love the pictures and the donuts look YUMMY!!! I love the picture of Libby and her money. I am guessing she earned that at your yard sale??

Also is the little blond girl in the bottom row right hand corner area, Camber's Avery???

Emily Empey said...

They are all getting so big!!!! I miss you guys! We might have to trick or treat in Firth so we can see ya!