Saturday, October 31, 2009

Drew is 30!



For the big day I was trying to be so sneaky. I wanted to collect pictures from his life and make a game board like my mom had made for me. Then I needed questions for us to answer about him and then questions for him to answer, in an effort to race teams to a finish line. Working quietly on a project this doesn't come easily unless kids are in bed for the night or at naps. Finally, it all pulled together. Jamie and Amber helped me brainstorm events from Drew's life to make questions from and the then I googled 1979 to see what life was like then for questions for Drew. He really knew a lot about that year. I then downloaded from the TOP 100 hits songs I recognized from that year to play at his party.
We had a GREAT time. The game was fun.....DESSERT was good......we had a blast having our families there. This birthday was one to remember.

1 comment:

The Lane Family said...

What a fun birthday party. I really like the idea of the game and then finding music that went with that time frame as well.

I love the cake it looks yummy!! One of my favorite pictures is Daddy with his kids. I can see the park and the Anthony side in all of them.

By the way you look AWESOME!!! I am constantly running taking care of the kids and walking and I still look like I am 5 months pregnant with twins again.. darn genetics and diabetes :(